Through the years, CAAP has offered a variety of Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) programs and services to assist Pennsylvania Community Action Agencies (CAAs) to:
- build capacity to work efficiently and effectively as programs and reporting requirements change;
- stay informed about Community Action issues and developments;
- remove barriers and create opportunities for families with low incomes to escape the trappings of poverty;
- solve community problems in partnership with others;
- and effectively tell their story through data and narratives in various media.
As challenges arose and opportunities were presented, CAAP changed up its curriculum to offer appropriate material. The presenters ranged from peers within the state and across the nation, to state and national experts. The PA Department of Community and Economic Development Center for Community Services (DCED) works with CAAP to identify training needs and opportunities.